- Valid driving license
- 21 to 35 years of age
- Assets below Rs. 2 million
- Not defaulter of bank, No criminal record
- 15 days driver’s training
- Discount of PKR 48,000/- per cab
- Installment PKR 8000 per month
Cabs are being leased through BOP. Applicants are selected through computerized balloting.
The verification of credentials is carried out by the District Verification Committee (DVC) headed by the DCO.
There is a Grievance Redressal Committees at the divisional level.
Driving training is provided by NLC, Motor way Police, Daewoo, Punjab Police; 19000 applicants have been trained till now.
So far 13800 cabs have been distributed and the 20,000 target will be achieved by Jul15, 2012. The total financial outlay is PKR10.5 billion.