Transport Wing provides transport facility to D.G. Protocol Punjab for protocol duties as well as to other dignitaries and senior officers. Transport Wing is controlled by Motor Transport Officer while the role of Deputy Secretary (MT) and Additional Secretary (P&T) is of supervisory nature.
The major functions of Transport Wing are:
- Maintenance and repair of all official vehicles available in the Transport Pool of S&GAD for protocol and general duties
- Maintenance and repair of all official vehicles deployed with Cabinet Members and entitled officers of S&GAD
- Establishment and Administrative matters of Staff Car
- Co-ordination at various levels in connection with deployment of vehicles with visiting foreign dignitaries/delegations, VVIPs
- Issuance of policy matters/instructions regarding use of official vehicles