“Promoting the Welfare and Protecting the Rights of Labour Force and Workmen”.
The Labour & Human Resource Department is essentially concerned with the:
- Promotion of healthy labour management and Industrial Relations for greater socio-economic progress and development.
- Protects the rights of workmen & labour force.
- Lays equal stress on their housing, health, safety and protection in order to make them more committed to their work.
- Prevention of Child & Bonded Labour keeping in view the national and international standards.
- Effective control over weights and measures.
The Punjab Labour and Human Resource Department, consists of the following Wings:
- Directorate General of Labour Welfare
- Punjab Employees Social Security Institution
- Punjab Workers Welfare Board
- Minimum Wages Board
- Labour Courts
Pakistan Inclusion in GSP Plus