The over all vision for Education sector is based on Education for All (EFA). Its aim is to implement the strategy of the Department to provide education to out of school children, to reduce the ratio of illiteracy and improve education quality to all without any discrimination according to the needs of children, adults and society achieving the national and provincial targets.
- To improve the quantity and quality of education
- To ensure continuous training of teachers, head teachers and supervisors
- To build the capacity of District Education Department
- To enhance the effectiveness of monitoring system for improving education standards
Official Procedures of the Department
- Schools are being registered under Punjab Private Educational Institutions (Promotion & Regulations) Rules, 1984
- High and middle schools are registered with District Education Department
The basic purpose of the special education is to provide equal opportunity for the disabled children for getting education so that they play their role in society. It is not only beneficial for the individual but also for the nation as a whole. It enable them to participate in nation building and to play positive role in nation building. Hence it provides confidence and a source of man power.
Special Education Institutions of Okara District
Name of Institution / School
|Govt. Secondary School of Special Education (H.I), Okara|
|Government Special Education Center, Depalpur|
|Government Special Education Center, Renala Khurd|
|Govt. Institute for Slow Learners at Okara District|
|Govt. Special Education Center (03 Remaining Disabilities) at Tehsil Okara|