Mazar (Shrine) of Hazrat Sultan Bahu
Born in Shorkot in 1039H, Sultan Bahu was a 17th century scholar and Sufi poet. He wrote his famous Dewan in Urdu, Persian and Punjabi and have written more than 140 books. His initial shrine was in the fort of Kergan at the bank of the River Chenab but with the river changing its course it was moved, not once but twice to its present location in Ahamd Pur Sial. People from far off places come to attend his Urs held every 7th to 10th of Muharram-ul-Haram.
Heer is the heroine of the famous folk story “Heer Ranjha” and her tomb lies just north of Jhang on the way to Faisalabad. An annual fair is held at her tomb.
Mehal Umer Hayat (Chiniot)
It is also known as Gulzar Manzil. This Mehal is in the old centre of the ancient town of Chiniot(Distt. Jhang) and is wrapped in mystery and silence. Facing the Mughal Fort, it was constructed in eight years(1922 A.D to 1930 A.D) at a phenomenal cost of four lac rupees. With a splendid ground floor and three story building, topped by a wooden pavilion, it encapsulated the finest traditions of local wood, fresco, jali, glass, plaster and brick work.
Other Shrines in Jhang
- Darbar Mahni Sharif : Kot Lakhnana, 6th Mile, Gojra Road, Jhang
- Hazrat Sultan Bahoo (RA) : Tehsil Shorkot, Distt. Jhang.
- Hazrat Shah Jewana (RA) : Shah Jewana, Tehsil & Distt. Jhang.
- Sial Sharif : Sial Sharif, Sargodha Road, Jhang.
- Maai Heer : Faisalabad Road, Jhang Saddar.
- Peer Hathy Wan : Jhang City
- Shrine of Athara Hazari : Athara Hazari Jhang.
- Baloki Shareef : Mochi Wala, Faisalabad Road, Jhang.
- Hazrat Shah Sadiq Nahang : Shorkot Multan Road, Jhang.
- Darber Rodoo Sultan : Garrh MahaRaja Road, Jhang.
- Darbar Peer Gohar Shah
- Peer Noor Ahmad Hashmi: Chiniot Mor, Jhang
- Darbar Mian Murad
- Peer Mirak Sial