The Policy Analysis Cell was established in the Finance Department with approval of the Chief Minister, to perform the following functions:
- To ensure that actions taken under the reform initiatives of provincial government agencies are in consonance with overall economic objectives and growth strategy of the government.
- To devise medium and long term policies on taxation, provincial debt management, contingent liabilities, cash management and expenditure for the province.
- To suggest measures to improve financial management processes.
- To formulate policies for financial reform and coordinate their implementation with other provincial government departments.
- To analyze existing and future reform programs in all sectors in an integrated manner and to make recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
- To explore, analyze and make specific recommendations on different financing options available to the government for public sector spending.