The Excise & Taxation Department provides services for collection of various taxes and duties efficiently and effectively and suggests ways and means for additional resource mobilization in the Province.
Apart from building up of taxpayer’s confidence, creation of taxpaying culture and providing facilities to the general public in payment of taxes are the top most priorities, the department aims to:
- Mobilize fiscal resources through equitable and taxpayer-friendly taxation and customer facilitation, plug in leakages, expand tax base, and rationalize tax rates and exemptions, BPR.
- Promote automation and outsourcing of functions & services to ensure IEE, economize and optimize delivery of public services through minimum public and government official’s interface.
- Transform HR into professionally sound, motivated team, committed to dispense public friendly services and be a semblance of good governance.
- Maximize fiscal space
- Create tax-paying culture
- Improve service delivery
- Build public trust
- Improve departmental image
- HR at the central stage of the reform initiatives
- Motivate & provide enabling environments to E&T Human Resource
The Excise & Taxation Department of the Government of the Punjab provides the following services:
- Collection of Provincial Taxes as assigned by the Government.
- Collection of Capital Value Tax and Advance Income Tax on behalf of Federal Government at the time of registration of a vehicle and collection of Motor Vehicle Tax respectively.
- Issuance of Registration Marks and Certificates to Motor vehicles.
- Collection of Token Tax from the owners of Tied-Up Vehicles through Bank. Collection of Token Tax from the owners of Non Tied-Up Vehicles through Post Offices.
- Issuance of Duplicate Registration Certificates of the vehicles, Change of Ownership, Change of Engine Number and issuance of NOC etc. for the owners of the vehicles.
- Collection of Property Tax according to the assessment of Property Unit.
- Issuance of Assessment Copy of Property Unit on PT-1 Form.
- Issuance of Clearance Certificate in respect of Property Unit.
- Updating of records in respect of property units in respect of Change of Ownership, Self Occupied Property Unit, and Rented Property Unit etc.
- Enforcement of Hadd Ordinance, 1979 for prohibition of liquors, intoxicants and narcotics.
- Regulation of import, export, possession and consumption of various dangerous drugs and narcotic substances.
- Issuance of different Permits/Licenses for possession and sale of liquors and spirits