Housing and construction sectors are well recognized to generate maximum employment opportunities and contribute towards economic revival and growth. Its multiple effects on the economy are demonstrated through the robust potential of the construction activities in
- generating industrial production.
- developing small and medium enterprises.
- creating self employment opportunities.
- flourishing business commerce and trade activities, and at the same time enhancing utilization of indigenous natural and man-made resources.
Building Department is divided in two zones:
- South Zone
- North Zone
- Designing and construction of Buildings for various Govt. Departments through field formations as per approved ADP.
- Annual repair / maintenance of government buildings through its field formations.
- To exercise full control over the budget placed at its disposal for incurring expenditures as per provision of funds.
Major Projects Completed During Last Four Years:
|Name of the Scheme||Year of Completion||Remarks|
|Construction of Chief Minister's Secretariat, 8-Club Road, Lahore.||2005-2006||Completed & handed over.|
|Strengthening of Emergency Medical Services (SEMS) at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Lahore.||2006-2007||Completed & handed over.|
|Establishment of Multan Institute of Cardiology, Multan.||2006-2007||Work completed.|
|Building Research Station|