Welfare Wing of S&GAD aims to provide necessary welfare oriented facilities to the government officers for smooth functioning of official business.
The major functions of Welfare Wing are:
- To deal with establishment matters of class-IV employees of Secretariat sanitary worker, gardener, water carrier, chowkidar, dispatch rider, gate messenger, head jamadar, house hold staff of Chief Ministers Secretariat and 90-SQA, Lahore.
- Allotment of office accommodation to Ministers/Advisors/Special Assistants to Chief Minister, and Secretariat Department/Offices.
- Coordination in the security matters of Punjab Civil Secretariat with the Security Police.
- Distribution of mail through Central Dispatch Agency received from Federal Government and Secretariat Departments outside Secretariat Departments in Lahore vicinity (morning and evening).
- Drawing and disbursing officer of S&GAD excluding O&M, MTO, Cabinet Wing and Liaison Office.
- To facilitate the arrangement of Cabinet and other VIP meetings to be held in the Committee Room of S&GAD.
- Payment of utility bills of Punjab Civil Secretariat and Chief Secretary’s Camp Office.
- Allotment of residential quarters situated in Punjab Civil Secretariat premises.
- Coordination with Buildings Department regarding additions/alterations in Punjab Civil Secretariat buildings.
- Provision of furniture/fixture, stationery, equipment, telephone facilities and other necessary items to offices of S&GAD.
- Observance of punctuality in government department/offices.